HANDLE Basics – Level 2
Two days that will forever change your perspective of learning and behavioural challenges!
- Would you like to implement simple but effective tools and activities in your home or work to remove obstacles and enhance learning, participation and confidence?
- Would you like to have the tools to look beyond behaviours or labels and identify and treat the root cause of problems across the lifespan?
- Would you like to enhance your skills so parenting is easier?
Following on from the Level 1 the Level 2 delves deeper into the ways the brain takes in information and processes it; how that impacts on behaviour, learning and all brain functions; and how one’s developmental history and future aspirations influence the brain regardless of age. You will become familiar with five more HANDLE activities that may be used with groups or one-on-one to enhance learning and functioning at any age!
We introduce an interactive approach for identifying and treating the root cause of problems across the lifespan. Focusing on what causes learning and social difficulties and many other behavioural challenges. Participants see themselves and others through new eyes, and leave with practical tools and knowledge to apply at home, school, work and life situations.
Who is invited to attend?
This information is relevant and useful to anyone who wants to do things with more ease and efficiency to enhance their own potential, those who love and support them: parents, caregivers, educators of all ages, therapists, administrators, health and medical clinicians.
What is HANDLE?
HANDLE® (Holistic Approach to NeuroDevelopment and Learning Efficiency) is an effective, non-drug, respectful, movement-based therapy. The HANDLE approach incorporates research and techniques from medicine, rehabilitation, psychology, education and nutrition. HANDLE is for people of all ages who experience obstacles to functioning with ease and efficiency in life and learning.
Download Course Information Pack
Prerequisites: Level 1 prerequisite to Level 2.
Inclusive of materials and healthy snacks
Financial assistance available for eligible carers via application, funded by Bendigo Health, Carer Support Services.
__ $250/person group of 2+
__ $345/person paid on the day
Past Level 1&2 Course student of CTTC: cost of catering only
Complete the Registration Form
Mary Robson is a Certified HANDLE Practitioner & Instructor (Since 2003), and is Regional Education Director Asia Pacific Region for The HANDLE Institute (Since 2009).
Course Objectives are to foster in participants the ability to:
• Begin to view neurodevelopment from a new model of interactive and interdependent functioning, a model which enables a nonjudgmental approach to individual differences.
• Be able to recognise subtle signs of stress, in order to individualise task challenges appropriately
• Understand how social and academic behaviours and developmental histories provide information about neurodevelopmental dysfunctions
• Become familiar with an array of HANDLE activities that may be used with groups or one-on-one to enhance learning and functioning at any age
• Understand how neurodevelopmental functions interact either to facilitate or to impair learning and interpersonal behaviours
• Learn methods with which to identify neurodevelopmental systems that require therapeutic intervention
• Recognise factors involved in processing sensory input in order for a response to occur
• The foundations of the HANDLE approach
• Overview of the brain, the nervous systems, and the cranial nerves
• Sensory-Motor Interdependency and Interaction map
• The sensory-motor systems: how each system works, and how they work together and support each other
• How it looks when these systems are disrupted or disorganised
• The hierarchical processing modalities of the brain, and how it looks when these aren’t functioning efficiently
• The factors involved in processing sensory input in order for a response to occur
• HANDLE activities to enhance learning and functioning, and how to adapt them to varying abilities and situations.
HANDLE® is an effective non-drug treatment alternative for people of all ages, and for a wide range of issues, including but not limited to: sensory integration dysfunctions, reading & writing difficulties, autism spectrum disorders, conduct disorders, acquired brain injury, tics and Tourette’s Syndrome, general learning disabilities, dyslexia, trouble with motor skills and coordination, chromosomal disorders, cerebral palsy and many more.
Would you like to have the tools to look beyond behaviours or labels and identify and treat the root cause of problems across the lifespan?Register Now