One day that will forever change your perspective of learning and behavioural challenges!
The Level 1 Introduction to HANDLE is a great opportunity to get acquainted with HANDLE, what it is all about, and the science that underpins the principles of the approach. Not only will you gain an understanding, you will also leave with practical tools that you can implement at home, school or work, including six HANDLE activities.
• Join us as we explain our unique approach and leave you with practical, simple yet neurologically complex activities to implement at home to build a solid foundation for happy learning and a happy child and adults, too.
• Be forever changed in your approach to life, and addressing learning and behavioural challenges!
• See yourselves and others through new eyes. This course introduces an interactive approach for identifying and treating the root causes of difficulties and perplexing behaviours, across the life-span.
• Leave with practical tools and knowledge to apply to all school, work and life situations.
• Implement simple but effective tools and activities in your work to remove obstacles and enhance learning, participation and confidence.
• Become familiar with the neuroscience behind the approach, that synthesises systems thinking, compassion, non-judgement, neuroplasticity, and nutritional science into a unique, effective approach that educates, inspires and empowers, the individual and family to become Everyday Neuroplasticians™.
Who is invited to attend?
Anyone who wants to enhance their own potential and those who love and support them: Parents, caregivers, clinicians, therapists and professionals.
Registration: register online here
Prerequisites: None required for Level 1. Level 1 prerequisite to Level 2.
Inclusive of materials and healthy snacks:
Free to carers via application to Carers Support Services
$175/couple (2 people)
$125/person paid on the day
Past Level 1 Course student of CTTC: cost of catering only or your help
Contact email@example.com or 0448 191 542
Mary Robson is a Certified HANDLE Practitioner & Instructor, and is Regional Education Director Asia Pacific Region for The HANDLE Institute.
9:00am until 4:30pm
Course Objectives are to foster in participants the ability to:
• Begin to view neurodevelopment from a new model of interactive and interdependent functioning, a model which enables a nonjudgmental approach to individual differences.
• Be able to recognise subtle signs of stress, in order to individualise task challenges appropriately
• Understand how social and academic behaviours and developmental histories provide information about neurodevelopmental dysfunctions
• Become familiar with an array of HANDLE activities that may be used with groups or one-on-one to enhance learning and functioning at any age
• The foundations of the HANDLE approach
- ◦ Considers internal and external environments
- ◦ Incorporates knowledge from many disciplines
- ◦ Provides a set of guiding principles rather than a specific technique
- ◦ Values the way respect influences learning; embodies non judgement
- ◦ Views behaviours as communication
- ◦ Understands that neuroplasticity is a life-long process
- ◦ Recognises the importance of patterned organised movement
- ◦ Takes into account nutrition and how one’s internal environment affects it
- ◦ Addresses all forms of learning: academic, language, motor, social, etc.
- ◦ Acknowledges the value of mental rehearsal
- ◦ Employs Gentle Enhancement® in evaluation sessions and treatment alike: services and trainings
• Five HANDLE activities to enhance learning and functioning, and how to adapt them to varying abilities and situations.
HANDLE® is an effective non-drug treatment alternative for people of all ages, and for a wide range of issues, including but not limited to: sensory integration dysfunctions, reading & writing difficulties, autism spectrum disorders, conduct disorders, acquired brain injury, tics and Tourette’s Syndrome, general learning disabilities, dyslexia, trouble with motor skills and coordination, chromosomal disorders, cerebral palsy and many more.