2 days that will forever change your perspective of learning and behavioural challenges!
We introduce an interactive approach for identifying and treating the root cause of problems across the lifespan. Focusing on what causes learning and social difficulties and many other behavioural challenges. Participants see themselves and others through new eyes, and leave with practical tools and knowledge to apply at home, school, work and life situations.
The Level 1 Introduction to HANDLE is a great opportunity to get acquainted with HANDLE, what it is all about, and the science that underpins the principles of the approach. Not only will you gain an understanding, you will also leave with practical tools that you can implement at home, school or work, including six HANDLE Activities.
The Level 2 delves deeper into the ways the brain takes in information and processes it; how that impacts on behaviour, learning and all brain functions; and how one’s developmental history and future aspirations influence the brain regardless of age. You will become familiar with five more HANDLE activities that may be used with groups or one-on-one to enhance learning and functioning at any age!
Who is invited to attend?
This information is relevant and useful to anyone who wants to do things with more ease and efficiency to enhance their own potential, those who love and support them: parents, caregivers, educators of all ages, therapists, administrators, health and medical clinicians.
Full course details Download Course Information Pack
Prerequisites: None required for Level 1. Level 1 prerequisite to Level 2.
Past Level 1&2 Course students of CTTC: cost of catering only
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp: +61(0)448 191 542
Mary Robson is a Certified HANDLE Practitioner & Instructor, and is Regional Education Director Asia Pacific Region and Board President for The HANDLE Institute.
9:00am until 5:30pm
Course Objectives are to foster in participants the ability to:
- Begin to view neurodevelopment from a new model of interactive and interdependent functioning, a model which enables a nonjudgmental approach to individual differences.
- Be able to recognise subtle signs of stress, in order to individualise task challenges appropriately
- Understand how social and academic behaviours and developmental histories provide information about neurodevelopmental dysfunctions
- Become familiar with an array of HANDLE activities that may be used with groups or one-on-one to enhance learning and functioning at any age
- Understand how neurodevelopmental functions interact either to facilitate or to impair learning and interpersonal behaviours
- Learn methods with which to identify neurodevelopmental systems that require therapeutic intervention
- Recognise factors involved in processing sensory input in order for a response to occur
- The foundations of the HANDLE approach
- Considers internal and external environments
- Incorporates knowledge from many disciplines
- Provides a set of guiding principles rather than a specific technique
- Values the way respect influences learning; embodies non judgement
- Views behaviours as communication
- Understands that neuroplasticity is a life-long process
- Recognises the importance of patterned organised movement
- Takes into account nutrition and how one’s internal environment affects it
- Addresses all forms of learning: academic, language, motor, social, etc.
- Acknowledges the value of mental rehearsal
- Employs Gentle Enhancement® in evaluation sessions and treatment alike: services and trainings
- Overview of the brain, the nervous systems, and the cranial nerves
- Sensory-Motor Interdependency and Interaction map
- The sensory-motor systems: how each system works, and how they work together and support each other
- How it looks when these systems are disrupted or disorganised
- The hierarchical processing modalities of the brain, and how it looks when these aren’t functioning efficiently
- The factors involved in processing sensory input in order for a response to occur
- Eleven HANDLE activities to enhance learning and functioning, and how to adapt them to varying abilities and situations.
HANDLE® is an effective non-drug treatment alternative for people of all ages, and for a wide range of issues, including but not limited to: sensory integration dysfunctions, reading & writing difficulties, autism spectrum disorders, conduct disorders, acquired brain injury, tics and Tourette’s Syndrome, general learning disabilities, dyslexia, trouble with motor skills and coordination, chromosomal disorders, cerebral palsy and many more.