Join us as we explain our unique approach and leave you with practical, simple yet neurologically complex activities to implement at work, home and school.
Learn how to build a solid foundation for life and learning, for a happy child and happy adults too.
Explore the root causes of many modern learning, behavioural, attention and social challenges within the sensory motor systems and processing pathways of the learners’ brain. Implement simple but effective tools and activities in your work to remove obstacles and enhance learning.
Become familiar with the neuroscience behind the approach, to become a confident referee for your patients to an approach that synthesises holism, respect, non-judgement, neuroplasticity, and nutritional science into a unique, effective approach that educates, inspires and empowers, the child, parents and teachers.
None required for Level 1.
Level 1 prerequisite to Level 2.
Inclusive of materials and healthy snacks:
Free for carers via application to Carer Support Services
Discount available for the first 12 registrations
Past Level 1/2 course students of CTTC: cost of catering only
Contact Penny 0448 191 542
Mary Robson is a Certified HANDLE Practitioner & Instructor, and is Regional Education Director Asia Pacific Region for The HANDLE Institute.
9:00am until 4:30pm
Level 2, see course listing.
Course Objectives are to foster in participants the ability to:
- Begin to view neurodevelopment from a new model of interactive and interdependent functioning, a model which enables a nonjudgmental approach to individual differences.
- Be able to recognise subtle signs of stress, in order to individualise task challenges appropriately
- Understand how social and academic behaviours and developmental histories provide information about neurodevelopmental dysfunctions
- Become familiar with an array of HANDLE activities that may be used with groups or one-on-one to enhance learning and functioning at any age
- The foundations of the HANDLE approach
- Considers internal and external environments
- Incorporates knowledge from many disciplines
- Provides a set of guiding principles rather than a specific technique
- Values the way respect influences learning; embodies non judgement
- Views behaviours as communication
- Understands that neuroplasticity is a life-long process
- Recognises the importance of patterned organised movement
- Takes into account nutrition and how one’s internal environment affects it
- Addresses all forms of learning: academic, language, motor, social, etc.
- Acknowledges the value of mental rehearsal
- Employs Gentle Enhancement® in evaluation sessions and treatment alike: services and trainings
- Five HANDLE activities to enhance learning and functioning, and how to adapt them to varying abilities and situations.
HANDLE® is an effective non-drug treatment alternative for people of all ages, and for a wide range of issues, including but not limited to: sensory integration dysfunctions, reading & writing difficulties, autism spectrum disorders, conduct disorders, acquired brain injury, tics and Tourette’s Syndrome, general learning disabilities, dyslexia, trouble with motor skills and coordination, chromosomal disorders, cerebral palsy and many more.
Email here to enquire
Contact Penny Jacobsen at email@example.com